Tuesday, September 18, 2007

#4

Hello All

Went to have lunch with Emily today (day 5). She is about sick of being in the hospital to say the least. She will get another calcium test done today to see if they will release her. I got some additional information today regarding the calcium situation and how it is related to all of this. Please excuse my lack of medical expertise. Here we go.... I understand that you have 1 main Thyroid and 4 Parathyroids; 2 on each side of your neck. The Parathyroids are what carry your calcium. They took out the main Thyroid and both Parathyroids on her left side. This is why her calcuim levels have been so low.

Today my visit with Emily made me really see what she is going through. We had some tears as she explained her frustration and fears of just not knowing what is going on. "I just want to know if I am going to die! I just want answers." were her words. She said "Not knowing is the hardest part". It was very difficult for me to hear these words and I faught my emotions, and found it difficult to find the comforting words to say, I just wanted to avoid what she was saying.

Emily-- As I am writing these udates to all your friends, I still cannot think of the right words to say to bring you any kind of comfort other than, I think you are an amazing woman, with a strong will to fight whatever the battle may be. You are in my thoughts an prayers and I will be by your side everystep of the way. I love yer guts!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shan said...
Emily, I hope you are feeling better. Dana and I are keeping you in our prayers and thoughts. Let us know if you need anything, we'll be on it, girl! We love you...

Holly, thanks so much for the constant updates, you have no idea how much they are appreciated. You rock too!

Shannon Ungricht

September 18, 2007 5:08 PM