Emily Wrote today and asked me to share:
Hi Holly,
Thank you for updating the web page I really do not have the strength to work on it. I hope. I should be feeling better in the next week.
I am glad that the radiation therapy is over (until January). It has been a hard path to go down. My heart has compassion and goes out to everyone that has to go through this. I don’t know if everything I have gone through in my life has helped to prepare me for this moment. I think God gave me a chance to go and I decided it was worth staying. Last week was really rough and I didn’t want to fight any more. On my way to work today I thought, my path as been challenged and my challenges have been hard. I am ok with the challenge and will give it as much as I can. However, if I ever have to eat another Tums again it will be to soon. That could be a fear factor event for me. My strength as been tested and it is weak but it is still worth fighting for. The radiation is in my cancer cells now and will be fighting the cancer for me. The cancer is easy, its fighting that is hard. I will get checked again in January. It will give me the holidays to enjoy my family and friends. Maybe forget about all this for a little bit. I love you. Ps I love the song you chose for the web page. Every time I listen to it a part of me is lightened and so grateful for everything. Love Em
I would like to add to this… Emily said the Doctor said the radiation really took good and that the levels were higher than he has ever seen in anyone. This is good news! He told her to drink a lot of water and she did till she gagged! This probably helped out a bunch!
Emily, I love you tons. Keep on truckin’ my friend! Love Holly
1 comment:
Kory Horlacher said...
Like most of us we don't think that anything like this could happen to anyone that we know or even ourselves for that matter! I have had the pleasure over the past thirteen years to get to know one of the most amazing people in my small little world that person is Aunte Em, as i think back on all of the things this amazing women has conquered through her life i am still amazed that she always has time for each of us and greets us with a kiss and a warm hug! i adore Emily and i consider her to be one of my best friends! i feel that if there is anyone out there that can beat this it is my dear emily! to be able to get the news that she and george recieved and take it on face to face that shows more faith and strength than i could ever imagine! i know that you Emily can and will kick this thing and be back out on the boat in the summer! i want you to know that you are in our prayers daily! Riley, Skyler, Alexis, Monika, Taylor and Kristopher all want to express there deepest love for Aunte Em! They ask for blessings on you and George each night! Emily when it looks hard and you are tired remember that you have soo much to offer our world that you are an amazing person that is loved by all of us and that you have many guardian angels to watch after you! you have alwasys been an someone that i have admired and i know that you will look back on this and smile! I pray the lords prayer on you and your family!
I love you Emily!
Kory Horlacher
October 24, 2007 4:27 PM
Manolakis Family said...
Emily - you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Please know that at a moments notice there are so many people that are here to help in what ever way we can. I can't wait until you are feelin' a little better - it is time for another girls lunch, that was great. Lots of love and God Bless!
October 24, 2007 7:30 PM
Carter and Mason's #1 Fan said...
Emily you are strong! You can do it! I think about you all the time. ,Allison
October 25, 2007 12:32 AM
Anonymous said...
See Emily. People do Love you. Even Me! Even though I am still getting over the time you beat me with your purse! HAD TO SAY IT!-----LOVE HOLLY
October 25, 2007 12:58 PM
TheGirlWho said...
Emily.. Stay strong. We're all thinking about you.
All the best,
Monica
October 27, 2007 1:37 PM
Post a Comment